Many plants of the lily family are considered toxic to cats, and some are considered toxic to dogs. Cats are the only animals in which the Easter and stargazer lilies are known to be toxic. Generally, a cat’s first toxic reaction to this plant includes vomiting, lethargy, and a lack of appetite, but severe kidney failure and even death can quickly follow if a cat is untreated. The peace lily (also known as Mauna Loa) is toxic to dogs and cats. Ingestion of the peace lily or calla lily can cause irritation of the tongue and lips, increased salivation, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting.
Hi there! Thanks so much for the tip. I have a 15-20lb beagle mix and a 70lb golden lab. The lab has had a skin condition for YEARS! Complete with hotspots and constant scratching. And our vet(s) have not been able to figure it out. I tried treating for food allergies, fleas/ticks/mites, fungus, and so many other ‘suggestions’. And the little beagle is showing signs of (what I’ve been told) doggie eczema. So….I have tired garlic….I’m going to start today and will update on my progress. Question, can I give them a garlic supplement? Or is fresh garlic preferred?
Thanks again for your post.